Saturday 18 February 2012

Week One...51 to Go!

Week One...51 to Go!


Inspired by a post on one of my favorite sites www.curbly.com I started my first of 52. It was easy and cost was minimal...$4.26 for the frames from Dollarama.  The colour choices I realize are not to everyone's taste however I made them to co-ordinate with my son's bedroom that was painted just before Christmas. For this I used C-I-L and Behr paint chips.  Using my guillotine I cut the chips into 1/8 strips length wise or there abouts. With a glue stick in hand I glued them down in random directly on the paper that came with the fame.  A little trimming and I stood back with a grin! Abstract art for a teen's room....perfect!
Paint chips have been in my life for a long time and I see them being part of the 52 week challenge more than once. I even have them guessing at Home Depot what I was doing with all the paint chips~can't wait to show them! Thinking that some of the ideas I have come across using paint chips can be used as seasonal/promotional material in the paint department....omg my next blog! projects from each department of Homie D....but for now focusing on week 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment