Wednesday 22 February 2012

A Blog by an any Other Name....

As I progress through week 2 I realize a couple things...I gave this blog the wrong name.  I want to make things for my home, my family, my friends, and my clients.  I want to reuse things that are still useful and are not ready for what I think we are too quick to dispose of. There are things we encounter over our lives that for whatever reason stay with us.  I remember reading a book I believe was by Lawrence Sauders where the wealth of an inventor or company was based on making an item an everyday thing and make it disposible so that people would always need to buy it.  Disposable pens, disposable razors are the first to come to mind.  Ingenious! My first response...but there are items that we use that can be reshaped and incorporated into other things. There is craftmanship that seems to be unappreciated to the today mass markets.  Dove tail joints are now passed by for soft close drawers (which are very nice dont get me wrong) How often does someone ever comment "Nice drywall work" or want a Victorian style home with open concept lol.  I also don't believe all the things I am on my way to making as crafts but that will have to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment