Monday 20 February 2012

Two of 52 Well Maybe just 1½

Two of 52 Well Maybe just 1½

 Being in the business that I am I easily accumulate leftover material.  Actually it accumulates too easily!  Out shopping I spied a cute little plant left over from Valentines Day clearing for a mere  $2. Such a cute little plant deserved a nice pot to spend it's remaining days in.  Although I love plants ~indoor plants seem to have numbered days in the house.  So the weekend started out with...
First the metal flowers and bee had to go.  With pry bar in hand I quickly discovered that someone got a little over enthusiastic with their solder! The blue flower went the way of most of my house plants~the pink flower and bee have been tucked away for some unknown future use.  I knew that normal tile adhesive would not adhere well to the metal so I had a quick look round to see what else I had on hand.  I ended up using LePage's No More Nails to adhere the tile to the bucket.  Feeling kinda lazy and it being February in Canada I didn't feel like dragging the tile saw out to cut tile so I dug through the scraps to see what would fit thinking the gaps would be filled with grout anyway.  With tile adhered I decided I liked the look without grout.  I wish I had cut the tile to overlap at the corners ~This might have to be a do over.

No comments:

Post a Comment