Sunday 18 March 2012

A Quiet hour for a book wreath

No kids & husband not feeling his best, house cleaning started but some me time was in order.  I saved the pages out of the book I am making into my recipe collection but what to do with them?  I saw this idea posted numerous times on various places on the internet so this is not an original idea.  With the torn out pages I made cones (in between dusting and texting a friend) Note to self that cones come out more uniform without interruption lol.  I had a piece of leftover styrofoam insulation which I marked two circles on.  The outer circle is approx 8" and the inner circle 4".  After most of the cones were made held together with some regular scotch tape I stapled each cone 1" from the bottom making sure the tip was centered. With glue gun in hand I glued the outer edge first using the staples as a guide to glue them to the line.  Next the inner circle was glued in place.  Finally an inner circle was glued in place lining up the staples with the tips of the cones of the 4" circle.  Now to put something in the middle. I tried a pom pom to make it look more like a flower but that didn't work well as I didn't have wool and curly ribbon was too stiff.  Next was a Coke can. I cut off the top and made 1/4 slits to the bottom.  I curled each strip around a pencil.  Cool look but it wasn't big enough.  Lastly I went with dried hydrangeas from the garden.  Cut and glued them in place and happily it was more the monochromatic look I was looking for.


Recipe organization continues but this was a nice break

No comments:

Post a Comment